Case Manager Trainings
Through our monthly General Membership meetings, case manager trainings, and special initiatives, the Coalition offers many opportunities for training and professional development to our members.
Staff and volunteers working at our member organizations benefit from networking, training, peer learning, and the chance to lead advocacy and education efforts as part of our Membership Meetings and trainings.
The Coalition offers high quality trainings each quarter that help case managers and direct service providers do their jobs well and stay informed about key issues affecting their clients. We work with local experts to secure skilled trainers who can speak with authority, focus on practical skills and applied knowledge, and provide accurate and timely information.
Save the date – registration coming soon for these upcoming trainings:
- When: Wednesday, October 24, 2018, 9 am – noon.
- Where: King County Library Service Center – 960 Newport Way NW, Issaquah, WA 98027
- Description: This training is designed for case managers and other direct service providers both who are new to the field or old-timers who have questions or want to know more about how to make state benefits work better for their clients. It features practical, real-world tools about how to apply, re-apply, and maintain public state benefits as easily as possible. Sara Robbins and Katie Scott, attorneys from the Solid Ground Benefits Legal Assistance team, lead the training.
- Register Here.
- When: Thursday, November 8, 2018, 1 pm – 5 pm.
- Where: 2100 Building – 2100 24th Ave S, Seattle, WA 98144
- Description: The Coalition partners with King County’s Department of Community and Human Services to present this training that combines how to implement a naloxone policy at your organization, obtain naloxone, and train staff on how to identify an overdose and administer naloxone.In addition, this training will include a presentation on Medication Assisted Treatment (MAT) for opioid use, and information on resources in King County that provide MAT. It will also feature an in-depth training on Harm Reduction from nationally-recognized expert Kris Nyrop from the Public Defenders Association.
- Register Here.
To stay informed about new trainings sign up for our emails updates.
Click here for information about our upcoming General Membership Meetings
Past trainings have educated our members about:
- Public Benefits 101
- Naloxone Training for Behavioral Health and Housing Providers
- Working with Immigrants
- What does Health Care Reform mean for people who are homeless?
- Helping Homeless Students – McKinney-Vento 101
- Tenant Screening
- Economic Stability & Workforce Training
- Navigating SSI/SSDI applications
- Street Drugs 101
- Harm Reduction in Theory and Practice
- Working with Interpreters
- Domestic Violence & Housing First
- Legal Assistance