Training and Professional Development
Through our monthly General Membership meetings, case manager trainings, and special initiatives, the Coalition offers many opportunities for training and professional development to our members.
Staff and volunteers working at our member organizations benefit from networking, training, peer learning, and the chance to lead advocacy and education efforts as part of our Membership Meetings and trainings.
The Coalition offers high quality trainings each quarter that help case managers and direct service providers do their jobs well and stay informed about key issues affecting their clients. We work with local experts to secure skilled trainers who can speak with authority, focus on practical skills and applied knowledge, and provide accurate and timely information.
- Note: As of 9/5/19 we are accepting sign-ups for our wait list as general registration is at capacity. Staff at member organizations can email Jason Austin or call 206-204-8353 for information on registering as a Coalition member.
- When: Thursday, September 26, 2019, 9 am – noon (sign-in at 8:30am).
- Where: South Seattle College Georgetown Campus #C122 — 6737 Corson Ave S, Seattle, WA 98108
- Description: Learn about the core federal protections and rights of students experiencing homelessness under the McKinney-Vento Act, and how they work in practice vs. on paper. Full agenda to come.
- Sign up for wait list Here.
To stay informed about new trainings sign up for our emails updates.
Click here for information about our upcoming General Membership Meetings
Past trainings have educated our members about:
- Public Benefits 101
- Naloxone Training for Behavioral Health and Housing Providers
- Working with Immigrants
- What does Health Care Reform mean for people who are homeless?
- Helping Homeless Students – McKinney-Vento 101
- Tenant Screening
- Economic Stability & Workforce Training
- Navigating SSI/SSDI applications
- Street Drugs 101
- Harm Reduction in Theory and Practice
- Working with Interpreters
- Domestic Violence & Housing First
- Legal Assistance