Training and Professional Development
The Coalition offers opportunities for training and professional development to our members through our case manager trainings, information sessions and General Membership meetings.
Due to COVID-19, we are currently hosting trainings and meetings via Zoom. Sign up for our email updates to learn more about upcoming trainings and workshops.
We strive to offer high quality workshops and training to help case managers and direct service providers do their jobs well and stay informed about key issues affecting their clients. We work with local experts to secure skilled trainers who can speak with authority, focus on practical skills and applied knowledge, and provide accurate and timely information.
If you would like to be notified of upcoming trainings or workshops, sign up for our emails updates.
Click here for information about Membership, including General Membership Meetings.
Financial Empowerment Series: Additional Tools for Homeless Service Providers
Following our July 2020 Financial Empowerment Workshop, the Coalition on Homelessness and Hopelink are offering a series of monthly mini-trainings to further explore the Your Money, Your Goals (YMYG) toolkit. We plan to take a closer look at topics such as how to discuss finances, setting financial goals, earning income while maintaining public benefit eligibility and dynamic budgeting.
- January 27, 2021: Tracking income & benefits
Past trainings have educated our members about:
- Financial Empowerment: Tools for Homeless Service Providers, July 2020. This blog is updated with resources from the monthly Financial Empowerment Series.
- Helping Homeless Students: McKinney Vento 101 Info & Resource Session for Homeless Service Providers, September 2020
- Public Benefits 101, December 2019
- Helping Homeless Students – McKinney-Vento 101, September 2019
- Naloxone Training for Behavioral Health and Housing Providers
- Working with Immigrants
- What does Health Care Reform mean for people who are homeless?
- Tenant Screening
- Economic Stability & Workforce Training
- Navigating SSI/SSDI applications
- Street Drugs 101
- Harm Reduction in Theory and Practice
- Working with Interpreters
- Domestic Violence & Housing First
- Legal Assistance