Training and Professional Development
The Coalition offers many opportunities for training and professional development to our members through our case manager trainings, special initiatives, and General Membership meetings.
Staff and volunteers working at our member organizations benefit from networking, training, peer learning, and the chance to lead advocacy and education efforts as part of our Membership Meetings and trainings.
The Coalition offers high quality trainings each quarter that help case managers and direct service providers do their jobs well and stay informed about key issues affecting their clients. We work with local experts to secure skilled trainers who can speak with authority, focus on practical skills and applied knowledge, and provide accurate and timely information.
To stay informed about new trainings sign up for our emails updates.
Click here for information about our upcoming General Membership Meetings
Past trainings have educated our members about:
- Public Benefits 101
- Naloxone Training for Behavioral Health and Housing Providers
- Working with Immigrants
- What does Health Care Reform mean for people who are homeless?
- Helping Homeless Students – McKinney-Vento 101
- Tenant Screening
- Economic Stability & Workforce Training
- Navigating SSI/SSDI applications
- Street Drugs 101
- Harm Reduction in Theory and Practice
- Working with Interpreters
- Domestic Violence & Housing First
- Legal Assistance