Committees & Meetings
Participate in Coalition Member Meetings
Lively and informative General Membership meeting are monthly forums for new and experienced direct service providers to learn about key issues and common problems, hear from experts, talk with peers, and collaborate on practical solutions.
» Not a member yet? Join us! Download a 2019 membership form:
General Membership Meeting
Schedule: Every 3rd Thursday from 9:00 – 11:00 a.m.
Location: Southside Commons, 3518 S Edmunds St, Seattle, WA 98118 in Columbia City
No registration is required and anyone is welcome to attend.
General Meetings are geared towards service providers, and are open to the public. Following introductions and a reminder about our mission, we:
- Learn from informative presentations or mini-trainings of general interest to staff working directly with clients, residents, tenants, and guests experiencing homelessness;
- Discuss current homeless services and housing issues;
- Speak up and take part in advocacy around local, state, and federal budgets and policies that affect people who are homeless and low income;
- Network with colleagues and allies new and old from around King County;
Share timely information about programs and community resources, and learn about what others who do this work are up to;
- At every meeting: fresh coffee, snacks, and great company!
Our agendas are a combination of timely, useful information, knowledgeable presenters, and opportunities for important conversations and input. Check here for developing agendas but note there may be changes due to late breaking issues or special guests.
Thursday, March 21, 9 am – 11 am *New Location*
Location: Southside Commons: 3518 S Edmunds St, Seattle, WA 98118
Transit: Accessible by Light Rail (Columbia City Station), Metro routes 7, 9, 50, 106
- Discussion with Seattle Police Chief Carmen Best. We’ve invited her to answer questions and talk about topics that our members are interested in, and listen to what our members have to say. We deeply appreciate Chief Best coming to discuss current Seattle Police Department policies and practices and to listen to what our members want law enforcement officers to know.
- Advocacy Bingo and updates on the legislative session in Olympia.
- Stay in the know about CEA! Janelle Hicks, in a new role as the Capacity Builder/Technical Assistance Coordinator with the CEA, will be answering questions and making sure everyone is aware of recent and upcoming changes.
Training and meeting topics are updated frequently. To stay informed on upcoming trainings, meetings, and other professional development opportunities, sign up for our email updates. If you have any questions about trainings, monthly General Membership meetings, or other areas of professional development please email hallie(at)homelessinfo.org
Save these dates for 2019 General Membership Meetings
|Thursday, January 17, 2019|
Thursday, February 21
Thursday, March 21
Thursday, April 18
Thursday, May 16
Thursday, June 20
|Thursday, July 18|
Thursday, August 15
Thursday, September 19
Thursday, October 17
Thursday, November 21
Thursday, December 12*
*Please note December 2019 meeting is on 2nd Thursday