Homelessness Advocacy 101 Workshop
Homelessness Advocacy 101 Workshops:
Turn your passion into action: Learn how to speak up for housing now!
YOU can be a voice for real and positive investments to help, shelter, and house thousands of people. We hope you will join the Coalition for an engaging, fun, and inspiring Homelessness Advocacy 101 workshop!
Join Coalition staff and partners for an engaging, fun, and inspiring Homelessness Advocacy 101 workshop.
- Learn how to be an effective advocate – and help others speak up, too.
- Refresh your 8th grade civics and put it to use.
- Get good information about current proposals to create more affordable homes and help people while they are homeless.
We the people can influence our elected officials at every level of government to make housing, safety, and justice top priorities. Right now is the time to contact state legislators in Olympia about real solutions for homeless people, and urge them to pass smart policies, fund good programs, and craft budgets that put people first.
Our workshops are fun, free, and open to all! Please register below. With Friend of the Coalition Nancy Amidei (Civic Engagement Project) and local policy experts, we review how good ideas become laws and budgets, and explain 3-4 key proposals. We provide simple actions, sample messages, and a chance to practice your skills. You will leave informed and inspired, with tools to engage your co-workers, classmates, clients, fellow congregants, and others to speak up and make a difference.
Winter 2019 workshops: Go BIG for HOMES in Olympia:
Right now in Olympia, our state legislators could GO BIG for HOMES – but only if enough people speak up! Join us to learn what YOU can do. Register for your preferred date below. Please share these opportunities with others.
- Saturday, February 23, 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. in South King County (Location to be confirmed soon) – Register here
- Wednesday, March 6, 6:30 – 8:30 p.m. at 12th Ave Arts Building, 1620 12th Ave, Seattle, WA 98122 – Register here
- Saturday, March 9, 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. at University Congregational UCC, 4515 16th Ave NE, Seattle, WA 98105 – Register here
Past Homelessness Advocacy 101 Workshops in 2018 Thank you to those who attended these workshops:
- Wednesday, January 24, 5:30 – 7:30 p.m. at Seattle Pacific University.
- Sunday, January 28, 1:30 – 3:30 p.m. at Renton Highlands Public Library.
- Saturday, February 3, 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. in Seattle at University Congregational UCC
- Tuesday, February 6, 6:30 – 8:30 p.m. at Kent Lutheran Church, 336 2nd Ave S, Kent, 98032
- Wednesday, February 21, 5:30 – 7:30 p.m. at Federal Way Day Center, 33505 13th Pl S, Federal Way, WA 98003
Past Homelessness Advocacy 101 Workshops in 2017 Thank you to those who attended these workshops:
- Saturday, February 4 at UW School of Social Work.
- Wednesday, February 22 at Ballard First Lutheran Church.
- Sunday, February 26 at First Congregational Church, Bellevue.
- Wednesday, March 1 at Federal Way at Multi-Service Center
- Sunday, March 5 at Auburn’s William C. Warren building in Veteran’s Memorial Park.
- Wednesday, April 19, Federal Policy 101 at Skyway Library.
- Wednesday, October 25, Seattle Budget Advocacy 101 at Ballard Library.