Participate in Coalition Meetings
Whether you are a staff member at a Coalition member organization, an individual member, or interested in membership, we invite you to join the Coalition at our two monthly meetings: our Membership Meetings (3rd Thursday of each month) and the South King County Forum on Homelessness (1st Wednesday of each month). Read below for more details, including upcoming meeting dates.
Coalition Membership Meetings
Join Us for our Upcoming Annual Membership Meeting May 20!
May 20 – Annual Meeting, extended meeting time from 9-11:30am. RSVP here for this meeting.
Please join us for a very special annual membership meeting highlighting the powerful work of the Coalition this extraordinary past year. We will be joined by special guests to review and celebrate our historic wins for housing justice, appreciate and honor our members, provide some up-to-date news and resources, and a special guest musical performance.
This is also an opportunity for members to have their voice heard by voting on our slate of candidates for the Coalition’s Board of Directors! Don’t miss out! To learn about the voting process please email Jason Austin, Membership Organizer, Jason(at)homelessinfo(dot)org.
Membership Meetings are monthly forums for new and experienced direct service providers to learn about key issues and common problems, hear from experts, talk with peers, and collaborate on practical solutions.
Membership Meetings are geared toward service providers, and are open to the public – anyone is welcome to attend. For our in-person meetings, no registration is required. For our online Membership Meetings (April 2020, until further notice), please register ahead of time to receive the call access information. At our meetings we:
- Learn about topics relevant to staff working directly with clients, residents, tenants, and guests experiencing homelessness;
- Discuss current homeless services and housing issues;
- Speak up and take part in advocacy;
- Network with colleagues and allies new and old from around King County.
Schedule: Every 3rd Thursday from 9:00 – 10:30 a.m. *New shortened time as of Nov 2020! – meetings were previously hosted through 11 a.m.
Hosted online via Zoom. (registration link below with corresponding date): Due to COVID-19, our Membership Meetings will be online only until further notice. If you have issues registering or getting call information, please email sasha[at]homelessinfo[dot]org.
Upcoming 2021 Membership Meetings
- May 20 – Annual Meeting, extended meeting time from 9-11:30am. RSVP here for this meeting.
Legislative Session Wrap-Up, Board Elections, Coalition year-in-review, member appreciation, and guest musical performance.
- June 17
- July 15
- August 19
- September 16
- October 21
- November 18
- December 16
Previous Membership Meeting agendas, recordings, and resources
- April 15, 2021
- March 18, 2021
- February 18, 2021
- January 21, 2021
- 2020 Membership Meetings Agendas and Resources. *Note: We do not have materials posted for January or February.
South King County Forum on Homelessness
The South King County Forum on Homelessness meets every first Wednesday from 9 – 10:30 a.m. The Forum is co-chaired by Joy Scott, City of Auburn, and the Coalition on Homelessness.
Hosted online via Zoom. Due to COVID-19, the South King County Forum on Homelessness will meet online only until further notice. To receive the Zoom information, please email jason(at)homelessinfo(dot)org.
Purpose of Homelessness Forum Meetings:
- to keep South King County homeless services providers in touch with one-another
- to share resources with / for South King County service providers
- to receive updates and announcements of new or future projects
- to coordinate our efforts in ending homelessness
- to help bridge the disconnect between people experiencing homelessness and services
Upcoming 2021 South King County Forum on Homelessness Meetings
- Wednesday, May 5
- June 2
- July 7
- August 4
- September 1
- October 6
- November 3
- December 1
Previous SKCF Meeting agendas, recordings, and resources