Training and Professional Development
The Coalition offers opportunities for training and professional development to our members through our case manager trainings, information sessions and General Membership meetings.
We are currently hosting trainings and meetings via Zoom. Sign up for our Homeless Services and Housing Network email list to learn more about upcoming trainings and workshops.
We strive to offer high quality workshops and training to help case managers and direct service providers do their jobs well and stay informed about key issues affecting their clients. We work with local experts to secure skilled trainers who can speak with authority, focus on practical skills and applied knowledge, and provide accurate and timely information.
Click here for information about Membership, including General Membership Meetings.
Upcoming Case Manager Training:
Millions of Americas have struggled to claim their Economic Impact Payments, particularly people experiencing homelessness (check out this article in the Seattle Times for details). Those who have not yet claimed some or all their stimulus funds can still claim their benefit by filing a 2020 tax return.
The Coalition and United Way invite you and your staff to join us for a 60-minute training on how to help the people you serve claim their benefit, followed by a 30-minute Q & A to answer your questions and share tips for helping those experiencing homelessness.
- Thursday, May 6 from 9am to 10:30am
- Tuesday May 11 from noon to 1:30pm
- Thursday May 13 from 9am to 10:30am
Click here to register for any of the above training dates (same registration page, same Zoom link!).
Past trainings have educated our members about:
- Financial Empowerment: Tools for Homeless Service Providers, July 2020 and monthly mini-training series. Presented in partnership with Hopelink, we discussed the Your Money, Your Goals (YMYG) toolkit and took a closer looks at topics such as how to discuss finances, setting financial goals, earning income while maintaining public benefit eligibility, and dynamic budgeting.
- Helping Homeless Students: McKinney Vento 101 Info & Resource Session for Homeless Service Providers, September 2020
- Public Benefits 101, December 2019
- Helping Homeless Students – McKinney-Vento 101, September 2019
- Naloxone Training for Behavioral Health and Housing Providers
- Working with Immigrants
- What does Health Care Reform mean for people who are homeless?
- Tenant Screening
- Economic Stability & Workforce Training
- Navigating SSI/SSDI applications
- Street Drugs 101
- Harm Reduction in Theory and Practice
- Working with Interpreters
- Domestic Violence & Housing First
- Legal Assistance