Are you passionate about supporting solutions to end homelessness? Us too!
Volunteering is a meaningful way to manifest the Coalition’s mission of mobilizing our community to challenge systemic causes of homelessness and advocate for housing justice! As a volunteer, you can meet passionate advocates and service providers along the way.
The Coalition supports housing and homelessness service providers. We do not provide direct services to clients. If you are interested in directly helping people experiencing homelessness, doing activities such as serving a meal or donating clothes, please reach out to our members.
We welcome volunteers from all backgrounds and experience levels, including those with current or past lived experience, who are well matched for the specific opportunities listed below. Opportunities take place in community settings including homeless service sites (day centers, meal sites, and resource fairs) around King County.
We can’t wait to meet you!
These requirements are meant to ensure the health and safety of our staff, volunteers, and community. If you have questions about requirements, or want help with the application, please reach out to volunteer[at]homelessinfo[dot]org or call 206-204-8350.
All positions must:
- Have a passion to serve causes that end homelessness and serve people experiencing homelessness
- Sign attestation form or provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination
- Be aged 18 or older unless volunteering with a parent for Project Cool
To protect community members, certain volunteer positions will be required to submit to a background check, at our expense. Previous convictions will not necessarily disqualify you from volunteering. Your personal information will be kept strictly confidential.
There are additional requirements to be a Voter Registration Volunteer. Voter Registration events take place at homeless service sites and involve interaction with members of the public, including those who are experiencing homelessness. Volunteers need to be comfortable in these environments, attend a mandatory, in-person training, and maintain non-partisanship when volunteering with the Coalition.
- Engaging guests in a kind, welcoming, and trauma-informed manner
- Assist people in registering to vote and look up current registration status
- Refer to resources to answer common questions like:
- When is election day?
- I have a felony record – can I vote?
- Where do I vote?
- Not sharing personal preferences to any political party or candidate
Support our development efforts by assisting during any of our signature events: Lawn Bowling Fundraiser & Party, benefit concerts, and more! We are looking for six volunteers to help out for a one-time volunteer opportunity on September 23rd.
- Provide great customer service by welcoming guests and answering their questions
- Helping pour beverages or replenish the food buffet
- Setting up tables, decorations, and signage before the event
- Cleaning up after the event
- Assist staff in all sorts of tasks throughout the event
Project Cool is our effort to compile school supplies, backpacks, and books to help students experiencing homelessness be prepared to head back to school! Each year in July or August we need dozens of volunteers to help fill backpacks and organize supplies.
- Greeting members and contacts from social service organizations
- Setting up displays of additional supplies and books
- Picking up boxes that weight 25-40 lbs.
- Counting and packing and inventory school supplies, books, and backpacks
Apply at this link to volunteer!