Participate in Coalition Meetings
Whether you are a staff member at a Coalition member organization, and individual member, or are interested in membership, we invite you to join the Coalition at our two monthly meetings: our Membership Meetings (3rd Thursday of each month) and the South King County Forum on Homelessness (1st Wednesday of each month). Read below for more details, including upcoming meeting dates.
Membership Meetings are monthly forums for new and experienced direct service providers to learn about key issues and common problems, hear from experts, talk with peers, and collaborate on practical solutions.
Membership Meetings are geared toward service providers, and are open to the public – anyone is welcome to attend. For our in-person meetings, no registration is required. For our online Membership Meetings (April 2020, until further notice), please register ahead of time to receive the call access information.
At our meetings we:
- Learn about topics relevant to staff working directly with clients, residents, tenants, and guests experiencing homelessness;
- Discuss current homeless services and housing issues;
- Speak up and take part in advocacy;
- Network with colleagues and allies new and old from around King County.
Schedule: Every 3rd Thursday from 9:00 – 10:30 a.m. New shortened time! – meetings were previously hosted through 11 a.m.
Hosted Online via Zoom. (registration link below with corresponding date): Due to COVID-19, our Membership Meetings will be online only until further notice. If you have issues registering or getting call information, please email sasha[at]homelessinfo[dot]org.
Physical location once back to in-person meetings: Rainier Arts Center, 3515 S Alaska St, Seattle, WA 98118 in Columbia City
Upcoming 2021 Membership Meetings
- Thursday, February 18: Register for meeting here.
- March 18
- April 15
- May 20
- June 17
- July 15
- August 19
- September 16
- October 21
- November 18
- December 16
Previous Membership Meeting agendas and resources
- January 21, 2021
- 2020 Membership Meetings Agendas and Resources. *Note: We do not have materials posted for January or February.
South King County Forum on Homelessness
The South King County Forum on Homelessness is co-chaired by Joy Scott, City of Auburn, and the Coalition on Homelessness.
Purpose of Homelessness Forum Meetings:
- to keep South King County homeless services providers in touch with one-another
- to share resources with / for South King County service providers
- to receive updates and announcements of new or future projects
- to coordinate our efforts in ending homelessness
- to help bridge the disconnect between people experiencing homelessness and services
Schedule: Every first Wednesday from 9 – 10:30 a.m.
Hosted Online. Due to COVID-19, the South King County Forum on Homelessness will meet online only until further notice.
Physical location once back to in-person meetings: Kent Commons in the Mt. Rainier Room (525 4th Ave N Kent, WA 98032)
Upcoming 2020 South King County Forum on Homelessness Meetings
- Wednesday, January 6, 2021
- February 3
- March 3
- April 7
- May 5
- June 2
- July 7
- August 4
- September 1
- October 6
- November 3
- December 1