Participate in Coalition Meetings
Whether you are a staff member at a Coalition member organization, and individual member, or are interested in membership, we invite you to join the Coalition at our two monthly meetings: our General Membership Meetings (3rd Thursday of each month) and the South King County Forum on Homelessness (1st Wednesday). Read below for more details on each meeting, including upcoming meeting dates.
General Membership Meetings
General Membership meetings are monthly forums for new and experienced direct service providers to learn about key issues and common problems, hear from experts, talk with peers, and collaborate on practical solutions.
Schedule: Every 3rd Thursday from 9:00 – 11:00 a.m.
Location: Southside Commons, 3518 S Edmunds St, Seattle, WA 98118 in Columbia City
General Membership Meetings are geared toward service providers, and are open to the public. No registration is required and anyone is welcome to attend.
At our meetings we:
- Learn about topics relevant to staff working directly with clients, residents, tenants, and guests experiencing homelessness;
- Discuss current homeless services and housing issues;
- Speak up and take part in advocacy;
- Network with colleagues and allies new and old from around King County;
And, at every meeting: fresh coffee, snacks, and great company!
Save these dates for 2019 General Membership Meetings
Thursday, September 19
Thursday, October 17
Thursday, November 21
Thursday, December 12*
*Please note December 2019 meeting is on 2nd Thursday
South King County Forum on Homelessness
The South King County Forum on Homelessness meets every first Wednesday from 9 – 10:30 a.m. at Kent Commons in the Mt. Rainier Room (525 4th Ave N Kent, WA 98032). The Forum is co-chaired by Joy Scott, City of Auburn, and the Coalition on Homelessness.
Purpose of Homelessness Forum Meetings:
- to keep South King County homeless services providers in touch with one-another
- to share resources with / for SKC service providers
- to receive updates and announcements of new or future projects
- to coordinate our efforts in ending homelessness
- to help bridge the disconnect between people experiencing homelessness and services
Save these dates for 2019 South King County Forum on Homelessness Meetings
Wednesday, October 2
Wednesday, November 6
Wednesday, December 4