Participate in Coalition Meetings
Whether you are a staff member at a Coalition member organization, and individual member, or are interested in membership, we invite you to join the Coalition at our two monthly meetings: our General Membership Meetings (3rd Thursday of each month) and the South King County Forum on Homelessness (1st Wednesday of each month). Read below for more details, including upcoming meeting dates.
General Membership Meetings
General Membership Meetings are monthly forums for new and experienced direct service providers to learn about key issues and common problems, hear from experts, talk with peers, and collaborate on practical solutions.
Schedule: Every 3rd Thursday from 9:00 – 11:00 a.m.
Location: ONLINE VIA ZOOM (registration link below with corresponding date): Due to COVID-19, our General Membership Meetings will be online only until further notice. Register for these calls in advance and you will receive a confirmation email containing call access information. These calls are accessible via computer and phone dial-in options. If you have issues registering or getting call information, please email sasha[at]homelessinfo[dot]org.
Physical location once back to in-person meetings: Rainier Arts Center, 3515 S Alaska St, Seattle, WA 98118 in Columbia City
General Membership Meetings are geared toward service providers, and are open to the public – anyone is welcome to attend. For our in-person meetings, no registration is required. For our online Membership Meetings (April 2020, until further notice), please register ahead of time to receive the call access information.
At our meetings we:
- Learn about topics relevant to staff working directly with clients, residents, tenants, and guests experiencing homelessness;
- Discuss current homeless services and housing issues;
- Speak up and take part in advocacy;
- Network with colleagues and allies new and old from around King County.
Upcoming 2020 General Membership Meetings
- Thursday, August 20: Register for the call in advance. Agenda and resources will be available on our website closer to the meeting date.
- September 17
- October 15
- November 19
- December 17
Previous General Membership Meeting agendas and resources
- July 19 Coalition Membership Meeting
- June 18 Coalition Membership Meeting
- May 21 Annual Membership Meeting
- April 30 Update and Knowledge Share Meeting
- April 16 Coalition Membership Meeting
- March 19 Coalition Membership Meeting
South King County Forum on Homelessness
The South King County Forum on Homelessness meets every first Wednesday from 9 – 10:30 a.m. at Kent Commons in the Mt. Rainier Room (525 4th Ave N Kent, WA 98032). The Forum is co-chaired by Joy Scott, City of Auburn, and the Coalition on Homelessness.
**NOTE: Due to COVID-19, the South King County Forum Meeting on will be online only until further notice.
Purpose of Homelessness Forum Meetings:
- to keep South King County homeless services providers in touch with one-another
- to share resources with / for South King County service providers
- to receive updates and announcements of new or future projects
- to coordinate our efforts in ending homelessness
- to help bridge the disconnect between people experiencing homelessness and services
Upcoming 2020 South King County Forum on Homelessness Meetings
- Wednesday, August 5
- September 2
- October 7
- November 4
- December 2