Participate in Coalition Meetings
Whether you are a staff member at a Coalition member organization, and individual member, or are interested in membership, we invite you to join the Coalition at our two monthly meetings: our General Membership Meetings (3rd Thursday of each month) and the South King County Forum on Homelessness (1st Wednesday of each month). Read below for more details, including upcoming meeting dates.
General Membership Meetings
General Membership Meetings are monthly forums for new and experienced direct service providers to learn about key issues and common problems, hear from experts, talk with peers, and collaborate on practical solutions.
Schedule: Every 3rd Thursday from 9:00 – 11:00 a.m.
Physical location once back to in-person meetings: Rainier Arts Center, 3515 S Alaska St, Seattle, WA 98118 in Columbia City
General Membership Meetings are geared toward service providers, and are open to the public – anyone is welcome to attend. For our in-person meetings, no registration is required. For our online Membership Meetings (April 2020, until further notice), please register ahead of time for our online Me
At our meetings we:
- Learn about topics relevant to staff working directly with clients, residents, tenants, and guests experiencing homelessness;
- Discuss current homeless services and housing issues;
- Speak up and take part in advocacy;
- Network with colleagues and allies new and old from around King County;
And, at every meeting: fresh coffee, snacks, and great company!
Save these dates for 2020 General Membership Meetings
- Thursday, June 18: ONLINE ONLY: Due to COVID-19, our meetings will be online only. Register for the call in advance and you will receive a confirmation email containing information to join the meeting. These calls are accessible via computer and phone dial-in options. If you have issues registering or getting call information, please email sasha[at]homelessinfo[dot]org.
- Thursday, July 16
- Thursday, August 20
- Thursday, September 17
- Thursday, October 15
- Thursday, November 19
- Thursday, December 17
South King County Forum on Homelessness
The South King County Forum on Homelessness meets every first Wednesday from 9 – 10:30 a.m. at Kent Commons in the Mt. Rainier Room (525 4th Ave N Kent, WA 98032). The Forum is co-chaired by Joy Scott, City of Auburn, and the Coalition on Homelessness.
**NOTE: Due to COVID-19, the South King County Forum Meeting on will be online only until further notice.
Purpose of Homelessness Forum Meetings:
- to keep South King County homeless services providers in touch with one-another
- to share resources with / for South King County service providers
- to receive updates and announcements of new or future projects
- to coordinate our efforts in ending homelessness
- to help bridge the disconnect between people experiencing homelessness and services
Save these dates for 2020 South King County Forum on Homelessness Meetings
- Wednesday, June 3 – Online meeting via Zoom
Join Zoom Meeting: https://zoom.us/j/92164141165
Dial-in option: 1-888 475 4499, Meeting ID: 921 6414 1165
- Wednesday, July 1
- Wednesday, August 5
- Wednesday, September 2
- Wednesday, October 7
- Wednesday, November 4
- Wednesday, December 2